Hari Raya Aidilfitri 2013

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Last year, wifey & I celebrated Aidilfitri with her family at Cheras... Ubaid was still in the oven at that time... This year, together with Baby Ubaid, we celebrated first day of Raya at Kuala Terengganu! 

Wifey's mom was kind enough to make Ubaid a very cute Baju Melayu. 

We look good huh? My lovely little family :-) 

At first, we ate nasi minyak, ketupat palas & rendang at my grandmother's house at Seberang Takir, Kuala Terengganu... Many of my cousins & aunts & uncles (my mom's side) were there... It's been a while since I met most of them. 

Later on, we went to see my dad's side of the family at Manir, Kuala Terengganu... 

What made me happy the most on that particular day was to able to show off wifey & Ubaid to everyone... For some of them, this moment was the first time meeting my two sweethearts... 

Before that, I was afraid that Ubaid might cry a lot since he's not too fond of strangers... It turned out that he's not scared at all being around all of my family members... He played & interacted well with everyone. 

On the second day of Hari Raya, after having breakfast & saying goodbye to everyone at my grandmother's house, we made our move to Alor Star, Kedah to continue the celebration with wifey's family! 

The journey from Kuala Terengganu to Alor Star was a very long one... Luckily, there were only minor traffic jams in Kelantan caused by traffic lights... We left at around 11 am & reached our destination at around 9 pm... It was exhausting. 

At Kedah, we stayed at wifey's aunt's house... Wifey's grandmother finally got to meet Ubaid for the first time. While most babies & small kids were scared of wifey's grandma because of her seasoned looks, Ubaid had no problem getting close to her... He even played with her & climbed her wheelchair... Such a friendly baby. 

We visited wifey's relatives & her parents' close friends... Kedah looked kinda awesome! 

I was hoping to go see a few friends of ours while at Kedah like Aafina & Alief, but time was really limited...

We went back to Dungun on the fifth day of Raya... Traffic was quite smooth except at one part in Kelantan. We were stuck in a jam for an hour... We left Alor Star at around 11 am & reached Dungun at 1 am... 

I learned that traffic from Kedah to Kuala Lumpur was worse... Wifey's sister, Mama Long, left Alor Star at 7pm & reached Klang at 4.50 am... The toilets at RnR stops were full, so I couldn't imagine her agony. 

Wifey proposed that we buy plane tickets next year.

All in all, this year's Hari Raya celebration was great except for the being stuck in traffic part... Being able to meet family members was the best thing about this Raya! 

I would like to ask for forgiveness to everyone that I've caused harm & hurt... Selamat Hari Raya (belated) everyone! Maaf zahir dan batin. :-)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like